Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pisgah Covered Bridge

Today I took pictures of a small covered bridge here in NC. A sign promotes the bridge off of US 220 about 8 miles south of Ashboro. That means it is about a 30 minute drive for me from Ellerbe. But I decided to go this morning so I got in my car and drove to the exit. When I got off the exit I had to drive and make several turns to finally reach the bridge. It is at least 10 miles off of 220. As I kept driving deeper into the country I could almost hear banjo music from "Deliverance" in the background. But when I finally found the little bridge I felt it was worth it and while there several other people came to take pictures. It truly is a nice spot. Hope you enjoy the pictures.









I took this picture with the built-in HDR setting in my camera.

I really did like the bridge so much I intend on taking my family to see it. I love photography.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That bridge and surrounding areas looks very nice. How far is it from where you live? Perhaps baby Gemma could go visit when she comes up.

    ReplyDelete